Thursday, October 6, 2011

My New Addiction......

I have never really read any blogs before. Becoming a mother however has changed that greatly. It is truly amazing reading other people's blogs that can relate to ME ! Its like I opened an unlocked door to a new world. I read so many blogs that are from mother's just like me that have the same worries, the same struggles, and pretty much think the same. Some of the blogs I have read sound like I wrote them myself. Its absolutely amazing. There was this one blog that I read that a woman stated that there are days where so she does nothing at all and she ask herself at the end of the day "what did I really do today?" and she answers I took care of my child...I cleaned dirty diapers, fed my child, clean my child, and entertained my child. It made me realize that often times I do the same. I feel like the house is never clean enough, Im never perfect enough, or haven't done enough and that blog made me realize that I DO, do enough. Taking care of my son is ENOUGH and I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I also read in another blog where a woman wrote that she often feels as if she has lost a bit of herself. At times I think that too....where has the old Monet gone? Is she hidden? Has she gone on vacation from herself? A new person has taken her place....a person that puts her child before herself...a person that is no longer just about how she feels but about how her child feels...at times I miss the old Monet....her unstretched marked body, putting on a pair of jeans without the bulge that hangs over it, or feeling attractive...but then I realize I traded that all in for something worth so much more....my baby boy....and that's worth so much more than the outer appearance. I like to think that all those things are not important...to my son im perfect just the way I am and he accepts me just the way I am. And I don't know what's more important than that....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated & welcomed so feel free to comment :) Monet