Thursday, February 2, 2012

Walk it off...literally...

I found a new favorite thing that I like to do ! And its walking.  2 weeks ago I brought a pair of Nike sneakers just for that purpose.  I said to myself "Im actually going to use them and not leave them in my closet to collect dust." Then one day I put them on and began walking.  I find something so calming and relaxing about walking.  Sometimes I just look at the scenery or listen to music.  It honestly makes me feel great. More energized and I feel like I can take on the world.  Not only is it good to shed a few pounds, but its awesome because im out the house doing something for myself.  Today I walked 3 miles and I feel amazing.  Im trying to walk at least every other day.  I never thought something so simple as walking can have such a positive impact on how I feel. If I'm having a bad day I just go for a walk and I feel a little better.  Each day I plan to walk a little further than before.

4 comments:

  1. Walking while pushing a stroller actually burns a good amount of calories. 2 summers ago I lost 10lbs by walking every day and pushing my daughter in the stroller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking is always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I used to walk 4 miles a day in about an hour. It kept me in really good shape, but I think it was a lot to keep up, to the point where I started dreading it. So don't push yourself too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!
    i am really proud of you
    exercising is such a good way to
    take the stress away and get more energy.
    When I exercise it feels amazing afterwards ♥

    keep up the good work


    xoxo
    MELINA ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated & welcomed so feel free to comment :) Monet