Friday, January 6, 2012

I wish...

Sometimes I wish that I could call you, but I know you won't answer. I wish I could hear your laugh again and talk to you like we used to talk. Not a day goes by that I don't think about u & how guilty I feel. Guilty for WAITING until now to realize how much I loved you & took you being in this world for granted. It never registered in my mind that your time in this world will end before I got a chance to say bye. I was so absorbed in my own "life" that I never stopped to say let me call my grandmother to check in or tell her I love her. It's now that I can't get to you that I think about you constantly & how wrong I was for letting you leave this world without you knowing I LOVE MAMA...so I say this to anyone who
Will listen: always let people you love know it, never take the time they have in this world for granted, & ALWAYS make time for people you love.

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to this post on so many levels. My father passed away when I was just 15 years old. Clearly, at that time in my life, my parents weren't a priority - my friends were. I feel guilty too, for never expressing myself to him truly. Lesson learned, right?

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes It definitely was a lesson learned...I really wish I could turn back the hands of time and not have been so absorbed in my own problems, life, and everything else and went to visit her....I know she would have appreciated it so much...I learned now that I'LL never let anyone else leave my life without letting them know I love them and being there...so its bitter sweet...and I think of her everyday and smile I hope she forgives me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good thing about parents/grandparents is that they were young once too. And when they were young, their priorities weren't perfect either. When our babies behave selfishly we don't write them off or think they don't love us, we understand that they are only capable of so much and that in time they will mature. Your grandmother understood that too. And she would be proud of you for trying to help others to remember to love their family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate what u said Mrs. Mackenzie....it actually made me feel alot better about things...THANK U <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated & welcomed so feel free to comment :) Monet