Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Marriage.....50 years later......

My Grandparents were almost together for 49 years until my grandmother passed away. I often wondered what made their marriage last so long? What was the secret to a long and happy marriage? Was it true happiness or just having that comfort? My grandparents were happy together. They never raised their voices, they got along with each other, and they understood each other. They had two very different personalities but somehow they made it work. When my grandmother passed away it seemed like my grandfather lost his best friend. He never slept apart from her and now her side of the bed was empty. I would like to know what makes a marriage successful? Is it picking your battles or is it compromising? Is it keeping everything bottled up inside or just keeping it real with the one you love? Does it ever get old and routine like? What to do when that happens? I ask these questions because I like most people would love to get married with the person I don't see my future without, but with everything in life before I make that huge leap I ask a million questions so that I can learn from others and apply it to my life. If anyone out there is reading give me your input I'd appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. marriage seems to be more than just saying or doing the right things. it takes lots of grace for each other, love, patience and most of all that tensile determination to make it work. like hubs and i say, we will either live happily together or unhappily, but it WILL be together! :)

    and ps. prayer and lots of God's grace really is the difference.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole ; ) you're my first comment & I'm so happy that you did comment !!!! I loved what you said & felt you made great points. I love to pray for patience, guidance, and understanding in my relationship. I agree marriage Is alot of work but if you are both prepared to set out and make it, then u will...thanks again for comment ; )

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated & welcomed so feel free to comment :) Monet