Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Simba...

Before I had my son there was Simba. Simba was my world & he was my first child before I actually had a child. He was a 4 pound little yorkie. He, is what I tell people was my first son. He slept by me, watched tv with me, & we played catch all the time. I constantly worried about Simba when I went away. And then Frankie came along. Simba's world went crashing down and we kind of drifted apart. He didn't want anything to do with me and kept his distance. I don't think people will actually "get" what it's Like to treat your dog like your first child, and then when your have your actual child your dog, becomes just your dog. (Did I lose you?) Maybe it's not the same for everyone, but that's how it was for me. I suddenly became guilty that I didn't devote as much time to Simba, and how this new baby just invaded his "turf" sort of speak. I found myself getting ticked off at stuff he did before that didn't seem to bother but did now: like his excessive barking that would wake Frankie up. I just felt bad I missed how close we were...

Fast forward: this weekend my son spent it at his grandparent's house and me & Simba spent the weekend like old times. I played with him a lot more than I usually do, allowed him to sleep in my bed, and we cuddled. I missed that. I want more of that. When we came home our son was ecstatic to see Simba he kept yelling "baba" (that's his way of saying Simba) and Simba was happy to see him too. They truly have a understanding of one another now. They know each other's boundaries and it melts my heart to see how much they love each other now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! You haven't blogged in forever! What happened to you? Frankie must be so big!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated & welcomed so feel free to comment :) Monet