Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fear...

Let's talk about fears. What scares you? Death? Spiders? Heights? Only a few things truly scare me. Death? Yes. Spiders? Buh ring it...I will kill a spider in a heart beat. Heights? Not at all I ride every roller coaster at six flags the higher the better. So what scares me something happening to my son AND DRIVING !

Yes, driving. Nothing scares me more in this world other than that. I don't even have my license because I hate getting behind the wheel. As soon as I get behind the wheel my hands get sweaty, my heart nearly pops out of my chest, and my anxiety kicks up full speed. I'm scared of getting into an accident, other drivers yelling at me, and making a dumb choice behind the wheel. I remember one time driving in a parking lot with my fiancé and I was supposed to pull in a parking spot (it was around 12 midnight and all the stores were closed) and instead of pressing the break I pressed the gas and jumped over the sidewalk and into a bush near a TD bank. The sprinklers came on and it was one of the scariest moments in my life. I took lessons, but once the lesson was over my self confidence went out the window because there weren't a extra set of breaks next to me to save me if I made the wrong move. I do badly wish I could get over this fear.

A license to me equals independence and freedom. Freedom to not rely on anyone for a ride. Independence so that just me and my son can hit the road instead of waiting for my fiancé who takes f.o.r.e.v.e.r to get ready. Its quite annoying.

So how do I plan on getting to reach my goal of hitting the road? Well first I need to start from the bottom up. Being that I lived in Nj I have to retake my permit test in New York, then I have to take driving lessons [im so petrified :/ ], and then after that I have to take my road test *takes deep breath*. All I'm focusing on right now is the freedom to just be able to drive.

So tell me what are your fears? How did you over come them id love to know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated & welcomed so feel free to comment :) Monet